Acne can be embarrassing and painful and in some cases, it can permanently scar your skin. Find out how to prevent breakouts and treat acne below.
While you can’t always completely avoid breakouts, there are many things you can do to protect your skin and minimize the number and severity of breakouts you experience.
- Start by keeping your skin clean. Wash your face each morning using a gentle cleanser and soft cloth, keep your skin hydrated with an oil-free moisturizer, wear less makeup or skip foundation during breakout, always wash makeup off before going to bed, tie your hair back away from your face, and change your pillowcase at least once a week.
- Reduce your stress levels. Stress hormones can trigger acne or make breakouts worse. Regular exercise is one of the best tools you have for avoiding stress. You can also reduce stress by listening to music, talking with friends and family, spending time outdoors, and watching movies or TV shows that make you laugh.
- Protect your skin from sun damage. Wear sunscreen whenever you go outside. It is wise to use a daily moisturizer that contains sunscreen so that you have at least a little bit of protection no matter what. If you’ll be outdoors for a long time you should consider wearing a hat to shade your face and protect your skin.
Everyone has to deal with acne and breakouts at one point or another. Even if you have great healthy habits, you may still deal with serious breakouts. Fortunately there are a number of treatment options available. Dr. Sabini’s office provides patients with a wide selection of acne treatment products. Some of these products include:
- Premier Benzoyl Peroxide Wash: Benzoyl peroxide is used in many products to treat acne. This wash improves skin clarity and texture while killing bacteria that cause breakouts. Patients can choose the version of the wash with 5% benzoyl peroxide or 10% benzoyl peroxide depending on their needs.
- Obagi Pore Therapy: This product is designed to deep clean pores and it is particularly useful for patients with oily skin.
- Premier Gly-Sal Pads: These pads are specially formulated for acne prone skin. They contain 10% ultra-pure glycolic acid and 2% salicylic acid as well as witch hazel.
These are just a few of the acne treatment products available. Contact Dr. Sabini to learn more about protecting your skin and eliminating acne.
Posted On October 30, 2015