Lip augmentation increases the size of the lip for patients whose lips have lost volume with age, or who are unhappy with the natural appearance of their lips. Here are some known facts about lip augmentation to help you understand the cosmetic treatment in a good way.
- Through injectable fillers, autologous fat grafts or re-positioning of the lip (v-y lift, lip lift) patients can achieve larger, fuller lips.
- Dermal fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm and Belotero can be injected into lips in the office with minimal recovery.
- Lip injections performed using hyaluronic acid (HA) filler such Restylane can be quickly and easily reversed, should the patient not like the result.
- Fat grafts and surgical lip lifts may require twilight sedation.
- It is possible to fully customize your lip augmentation procedure based on your desired results. For example, you can choose to just do the bottom lip or focus on plumping a specific area.
- The recovery period following surgery does vary from case to case, you will experience swelling and possible bruising that can last two to three weeks, but some people feel they can get back to their routines after one week.
- Minor bruising and swelling is common after an injection. Patients can minimize these side effects by avoiding any medication that causes blood thinning for ten days prior to the procedure (as long as it okay by prescribing doctor).
- With realistic expectations and good overall health, most patients are satisfied with the results of this procedure.
- Filler-plumped lips feel no different from natural lips when the procedure is performed by an experienced injector.
- Cosmetic procedures are done by you and are your own choice. So, go for expert consultation, do more of research on the process of lip augmentation, and decide an outcome best suited for you.
To learn more about lip augmentation, please click here to schedule a consult with Dr. Sabini or call our office (302) 998-8007.
Posted On September 6, 2018