What Can You Do To Prevent And Eliminate Wrinkles?
August 30, 2015
Wrinkles are a natural side effect of getting older, but if you don’t like the way wrinkles make you look, there are things you can do to protect your skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Keep reading to learn more
Wrinkles are caused by aging, repeated facial expressions, sun damage, and smoking. You don’t have to stop smiling–the best way to prevent wrinkles is to protect your skin from other damage.
- Start using a daily moisturizer, even if you haven’t noticed any signs of aging. The sooner you start taking care of your skin, the longer it will stay looing young and healthy.
- Always wear sunscreen when you go outside. Sun damage is one of the worst things that can happen to your skin. It can cause wrinkles, discoloration, dryness, and cancer. For extra protection, wear a hat to shade your face and sunglasses to protect your eyes. This can prevent squinting, which can result in wrinkles around the eyes.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser and a soft cloth. Anything too strong can damage your skin.
- Apply makeup carefully-especially around your eyes where the skin is thin and fragile. Use a makeup brush or your ring finger to apply cosmetics.
- Use a retinol cream at night to treat fine lines and wrinkles and slow the aging process.
- Reduces your stress levels with daily exercise. Exercise keeps your whole body healthy and improves circulation, which is good of your skin.
While there are many things you can do to prevent wrinkles, you can’t completely avoid them. Fortunately there are many cosmetic solutions available to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Common solutions include:
- Chemical Peels
- Laser Resurfacing
- Botox and Dysport
- Dermal Fillers
The treatment you choose should depend on the area of your face you’d like to improve, the amount of money you’d like to spend, the condition of your skin, and how long you want the results to last. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Paul Sabini to discuss the many options available for reducing the appearance of wrinkles and restoring your youth.